Clinical Director (Full-Time)
This person is responsible for the overall smooth functioning of clinical care by Seattle Counseling Service. This person provides excellent, quality clinical supervision to and management of the clinical team members at SCS.
Directly Reports to – Deputy Director
- Holds an advanced degree and appropriate licensure in the field of social work, psychology or counseling. LICSW; LMHC; or LMFT
- Minimum of 3 years of direct, clinical experience required in a community mental health setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of provision of direct clinical supervision in a community mental health setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, dedication to and passion for the LGBT community.
- Experienced working in a fast paced, complex, multifaceted organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, crisis intervention, communication and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Provide excellent, regular, consistent and direct individual clinical supervision to all mental health and addiction services clinicians.
- Provide group supervision as appropriate.
- Attend all clinical consult team meetings, clinical team meetings, all-staff meetings and any other clinical meeting as deemed necessary.
- Orient and train new clinical staff.
- Manage and approve changes to clinical schedules to ensure adequate clinical coverage during regular business hours.
- Approve any proposed clinical groups to be offered by clinical staff including interns.
- Manage emerging clinical crises during regular business hours.
- Work closely with subcontracted after-hours crisis service providers. Follow up on any after-hours crisis with appropriate clinical staff.
- Review, monitor and approve intakes/assessments for new clients and assign to appropriate clinical staff.
- Monitor caseload status for clinicians. Identify need for expansion of clinical capacity when appropriate.
- Review renewals of benefit paperwork for existing clients.
- Re-assign clients as necessary or required.
- Approve/resolve client funding issues as needed i.e.: determine utilization of sliding fee scale in cooperation with billing staff.
- Collaborate, communicate and cooperate with the medical team to ensure smooth referrals with the clinical team.
- Work closely with the client services team to problem solve and troubleshoot needs for clients entering services.
- Represent SCS at external meetings as requested or required. Fill in during Deputy Director’s absence if requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Salary - DOE
- Excellent benefits .
Send a cover letter and resume by close of business Monday, April 28h, 2017to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.