Seattle Counseling Service (SCS) is a community resource that advocates, educates and serves to advance the social well-being and mental health of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities. SCS is seeking a mission-driven Development Associate whose primary responsibility will be using social media platforms, donor tracking software, and community events to communicate with SCS base of supporters and the LGBTQ community. SCS is looking for someone who is familiar with our mission and our community we serve. The ideal candidate will have experience disseminating information and organizing events that attract hard-to-reach and culturally-specific communities, and be willing to learn the database system.
The Development Associate will work closely with the Development Director and:
- Provide logistical support in planning and implementing both large annual events as well as small cultivation and stewardship events.
- Identify new opportunities to create events that engage diverse LGBTQ communities.
- Feel comfortable mobilizing and leading event volunteers as needed.
- Enter donations, pledges, sponsorships and other gift types in a timely and accurate manner into the donor database and gift processing program (Etapestry).
- Run development data queries and prepare reports.
- Assist in conducting prospect research to identify institutional and individual donors.
- Assist in processing communications with current and prospective donors.
- Curate content on social media platforms including SCS Facebook, SCS web-site, YouTube, and other.
- Assist in development, implementation and production of agency marketing collateral including newsletters, brochures, press kits, event material, and media packages.
- Draft blog posts, articles for digital and print newsletters, news releases, and collateral and employee communications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, English, Communications or Journalism preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with LGBTQ communities with a nuanced understanding of cultural norms, values, and societal pressures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluency in more than one cultural style of communication preferred (bi-lingual is a plus).
- Experience with Squarespace, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience identifying story opportunities and pitching media outlets a plus.
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and “Development Associate” in the subject line. This position closes June 16th. Interviews will be scheduled after Pride week. SCS offers an excellent benefit package; compensation DOE.
SCS is an EEO employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are strongly encouraged to apply.